Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Stories

"After suffering with intestional candida I elected to add Poly-MVA to my current list of approaches as well as Transfer Factor Plus. Chronic fatique was a result of my candida and something I have struggled with all my life. I have seen 15 doctors to no avail. I was always tired before Poly-MVA and Transfer Plus. Now I have a steady energy flow for the entire day. I currently take 1/2 tsp in the morning and 1/2 tsp at noon. I began with the full complement (8 tsp per day) of Poly-MVA for 10 weeks. Then I cut back to 2 tsp a day with 2 Transfer Plus caps for a couple of weeks. Considering I have fought this problem all of my life, I would have to say if you keep a strict diet eliminating sugars and wheat you may do well also. These are real killers to any success in overcoming this problem. Poly-MVA and Transfer Plus will do you no good if you insist upon eating sugar, wheat and a high carb diet that turns to sugar. I also believe in reading Hulda Clark's book, A Cure for All Disease. I did her parasite cleanse, liver cleanse and kidney cleanse and I keep up the parasite maintenance weekly program. I know for me it keeps the gastritis problem to a dull memory. I would also stress wheat grass tablets 4 before each meal. This keeps the blood sugar balanced and also gives energy. UPDATE 1-27-2004: I am taking my 1/4 tsp of Poly-MVA everyday and feeling wonderful. Using "Garden of Life" Primal Defense (acidophlis) daily. Also, taking one of their multiple vitamins a day. Taking 4 wheatgrass tablets with each meal and Coral Calcium. Drinking a fruit smoothie and a vegi drink everyday. Eating more vegetables than meat. Making lots of soups with potatoes, chicken and turkey. Try to have broth daily. Our tap water in Tallahassee is good. No longer buying distilled water here, however, definitely buying when I travel. So, the bottom line is: With the Poly-MVA I am taking 2/3 less vitamin products than before. Therefore, the savings pays for the minimal dose of Poly-MVA. Remembering that, initially, I went on the full recommended dosage for 10 weeks dropping down to 1tsp a day, to 1/2 and now 1/4. Thank you as always. It is wonderful to have "energy and health" after all these years of feeling physically trashed.

- Kay Wilder

"I am in my late 30's and have had a plethora of severe chronic illnesses for 15 years now. Doctors tried to tell me it was severe chronic fatigue (to say the least), which I definitely had but that's just the tip of the iceberg - there was so much more. I was 100% until everything started in 1987, when all of a sudden I started getting chronic flu-like symptoms, developed a Lupus-type rash across my face, started seeing silver "flash-cubes" popping all over my field of vision, developed arthritic spinal symptoms, major headaches 24 hours a day, chronic stomach problems, tiredness, fatigue, weakness, terrible pallor, started developing severe food and supplement sensitivities, developed prominent dark circles under my eyes, dizziness, and just felt awful. Everything went downhill from there. I have had a myriad of other problems that have started progressing since that main onset in 1987, such as a severe progressive degenerative spinal arthritis (it has progressed in 15 years to the point of being intermittently bed-ridden and unable to work, sleep, or even turn my head), terrible immune problems, constant infections, many bouts with pneumonia from simple colds, prostate problems, Hypogammaglobulinemia (blood immune disorder), arthritis in feet, stenosis of the spine, spondylolisthesis of the spine, all discs in my back are either herniated or bulged from degeneration, chronic fatigue, TMJ syndrome (I have to sleep with a bite plate every night, such fun), H.Pylori based chronic ulcer, Lupus, Lyme's disease (tested positive), irritable bowel syndrome, candidiasis, reactions to everything that went in my mouth such as foods, liquids, medicines. Supplements? Forget about it. I can only eat 3 foods and can only drink one type of bottled water. That's it. I can't go to restaurants or even out for a casual drink. I even have to use a shower filter, if I don't, the headaches, rash, and arthritis worsen instantly. The few "vacations" I've attempted to go on, I've had to ship special water, food, and filters to use in my hotel room, so I don't bother with vacations anymore. In another bad stroke of luck, I was nearly killed in a 1991 auto-accident, breaking my shoulder, and breaking my left wrist and arm in 12 places, requiring multiple surgeries to reconstruct my left wrist/hand with metal plates, and then to take the hardware out. As a programmer and musician ( I am a drummer and guitarist), it would be a long time before I was able to do either, if at all.

I have seen so many doctors over that last 15 years and have spent everything I have ever earned on them. I have seen rheumatologists, immunologists, neurologists, opthamologists, neuro-opthamologists, orthopedists, hematologists, ear-nose-throat doctors, urologists, gastro-enterologists, dermatologists, infectious disease specialists, parasitologists, endocrinologists, hematologists, acupuncturists, herbologists, chinese medicine specialists, homeopaths, chiropractors, nutritional doctors, psychologists, physical therapists, dentists, TMJ specialists, have been to "chronic migraine" clinics, flew to Colorado to have my silver fillings taken out by "the best", have even tried Ozone treatments and every other mode of alternative and conventional medicine around. None have been able to help me. In addition, I tested positive for Lyme's disease in 1993 and they proceeded to install a "pick line" into my arm, a 4-foot-long internal, long-term catheter that goes from your arm to your heart so I could administer intravenous antibiotics to myself every day for 2 months. This just made me sicker. Needless to say, I was getting depressed because no one could figure out what was wrong with me, and that my body was withering away fast. In 1993, I had to go on disability due to extreme malaise and dizziness. I even needed help just to get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. I went to a top neurologist for the dizziness, he ordered another MRI (normal) and an "EMG" to test the balance in my ear labyrinth. It came back as "99% no caloric response in right ear". He then re-tested it at a different lab. Same result. My balance labyrinth in my right ear was totally failed. Why? He didn't know. He then prescribed some ridiculous prednisone, which made me worse. Keep in mind, I was extremely strong and active prior to 1987, no problems whatsoever, totally "normal". By 1994, let alone 2001, I had "every test in the book", too many to list here, including multiple spinal taps, one to re-test for Lyme's disease and one for a "myelogram" (a detailed Cat-Scan of the spine with radioactive dye shot into the spinal canal, a very risky procedure), that of which caused complications and "spinal leak headaches" that put me in the hospital for a week, bed for a month with headaches so bad they cannot even be described, and necessitated another similar procedure, known as a "blood patch" to correct. They took blood out of one arm and shot it into my spine (after an additional epidural to numb the area) with the premise of the blood internally dripping down over the original spinal tap "site", internally scabbing, and "patching up" the hole left by the original spinal tap.

I've been struggling and trying my best to working as a computer programmer all this time so I could pay for the doctors, trying my best to get through each day, and running to doctors at night and even on my lunch breaks when necessary. This lifestyle had taken it's toll on me, leaving me at the point of physical exhaustion. Little did I know that from 1987 to 1996, my spinal arthritis would be insidiously progressing so rapidly that multiple spinal specialists have told me that my spinal x-rays looked like a 70-year old man's. Now, in 2001, it is far worse. They just said "you've definitely got a severe metabolic problem of some kind". Gee, thanks. It has gotten worse by the month. By early 2001, I had been unable to work again and have been hoping for anything to help me get some strength back.

I heard about Poly-MVA in June, 2001. I managed to finally get up the money to buy a 4 oz. bottle and, after about 6 days, I felt an increase in energy. This in itself is incredible, because nothing, and I mean NOTHING, has been able to make any kind of improvement in my condition for 15 years. I had only taken one teaspoon twice a day, way below the "loading dose" and for only 6 days! In addition, for the first time in 15 years, I walked for almost half a mile 2 days in a row! Although I still have many, many problems and spinal pain, the very fact that such a small amount of Poly-MVA in such a short amount of time made any noticeable difference at all in my energy level says something about this stuff. In addition, I feel more rested in the morning than I have in a long time. Based on this improvement, I am going to do whatever I have to do to keep taking the Poly-MVA. My body cannot tolerate any other supplement, even vitamins cause reactions, but I am tolerating the Poly-MVA with no problem.

It's way too early for me to say that Poly-MVA is going to rid me of all my medical problems but I finally have hope. I am going to start taking 4 tsps. per day instead of just 2. I would just like to say thank you for making this product available for people in need and to keep up the good work. People with integrity in the health industry are not easy to come by. Thanks again."

- Rob S.

"I started Poly-MVA last July (2001) when I was extremely weak and fatigued. I had spent a week at a hospital in Tijuana receiving intravenous nutrition and medication to clean up my blood, and left with active phagocytosis and pretty healthy-looking blood. Nevertheless, something in the treatment left me feeling so depleted and exhausted that I could barely eat, had to lie down for 30 minutes after every meal, and could not get my bowels to move. I ordered a cellular energy profile through GSDL, a test that measures urinary metabolites of glycolis and Krebs cycle activity. The test results showed that I had barely enough energy to stay alive -- pyruvic acid and alpha-ketoglutaric acid levels were too low to be detected! Knowing that alpha-lipoic acid was necessary to support the mitochrondria, I started taking Poly-MVA at the loading dose.

At the end of 3 days on the Poly-MVA, I experienced a tremendous improvement. I had enough energy to eat and digest my food. I started feeling some stress from simple activities-- a sure sign that steroid hormone synthesis was improving. I had lots of abdominal discomforts the first week and thought it was probably due to some healing and die-off in the g.i. tract, since I have an intestinal parasite (a sporazoa), and the literature on Poly-MVA notes that it has caused apoptosis in protozoa. These symptoms went away after a week and I actually started to crave the taste of the product. I found myself swishing it around in my mouth to maximize the rapid absorption into the bloodstream. My body knows what is good for it! Then I did an experiment. I took myself down to a lower dose of Poly-MVA for 5 days (only 2 tsp), replacing it with a transdermal alpha-lipoic acid that was not complexed with palladium. All my symptoms started to come back -- fatigue, bloating, depression. As soon as I returned to a higher dose (6 tsp), my energy returned, my mood was elevated, and my digestion and elimination started working better. It is quite a miraculous product.

When I did my next CBC about 3 months later, my cholesterol was up from 110 to 189.. I'd had low levels like this for years and years, always hearing from my allopathic MD's "You don't have to worry about high cholesterol!" But 110 is an unhealthy low level of cholesterol, which is the foundation for all your steroid hormones. Without adequate cholesterol, the body cannot make enough adrenal and sex hormones to have a balanced endocrine system. And cholesterol is also needed to repair cell membranes from oxidative damage. So this was a great sign to me that my body was healing rapidly, and I have found out from others on the Poly-MVA discussion list that their cholesterol levels have normalized -- those with low cholesterol have come up to optimal levels, those with high cholesterol have come down. Now the challenge is for Dr. Garnett and other researchers to figure out what mechanism is responsible for this. Other liver detoxification protocols that I followed in the past did not produce these dramatic results so I suspect it is not merely a consequence of alpha-lipoic acid and heavy metal detoxification. About 3 months after this, I repeated the cellular energy profile, and found a substantial improvement in my cellular energy -- about 500%. I still was not in the normal range, but I now had measurable levels of glycolosis and Kreb's cycle metabolites and was moving in the right direction."

- Janis Bell, Ph.D., RYT, Dipl. Bal., B.N.